Bellingen Shire Council’s Environmental Levy Community Fund is now open for applications.
This is a local grant program that enables incorporated not for profit groups to deliver projects that protect our unique and wonderful natural environment.
The program is designed to support local projects that:
· Protect environmental assets
· Maintain existing environmental achievements
· Develop programs that build community capacity
· Contribute towards positive behavioural change
Key focus areas include:
· Invasive Plant Management
· Biodiversity Management
· Coastal and River Ecosystem Management
· Sustainable Food Production
· Climate Change Adaption and Mitigation
Successful applicants must demonstrate that their projects align with the aspirations set out in the Bellingen Shire 2027 Community Vision. For example, projects that address one or more of the following will be very highly regarded:
· We reduce, reuse, recycle
· We live sustainably and reduce our ecological footprint & contribution to climate change
· We protect and enhance our biodiversity
· We work together to protect and enhance our environment
· We have clean water which is protected and used sustainably
· Our surroundings are quiet and clean
· We value, honour and actively acknowledge our Gumbaynggirr culture and heritage
· We have a mixture of affordable sustainable housing options for all in our community
· We have balanced, sustainable tourism
· We have a sustainable local farming sector that provides us with healthy, fresh food
· We have meaningful work and vibrant businesses within our community
· Our children, youth and seniors are valued, involved and supported
· We are a learning and creative community
· We are connected, safe and healthy with a strong sense of community
· We have a diversity of beautiful spaces that foster community happiness and wellbeing
· We are connected and able to move around in a safe, accessible, affordable, healthy and environmentally friendly way
· We have the facilities and services needed to be a healthy and active community
· Our community is informed and engaged with a strong sense of civic leadership
Applicants can apply for up to $5000 and must speak with myself or Carmen Muldoon prior to submitting an application. Discussing your project with Council is an essential part of the application process and is aimed at maximising success rates.
Below is a link to the Environmental Levy Community Fund Guidelines and application form:
Applications close on Monday 13th November 2017.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Temporary Environmental Levy Community Fund Coordinator
Ph: 02 6655 7348