You are invited to attend our first breakfast event of the year. This event is open to both members and non-members, so feel free to share this invitation with others who are interested in participating.
Please see below for information on the topic to be discussed.
I hope to see you there.
When: February 12, 7am
Where: Old Butter Factory
Cost: $15 Members, $25 Non-Members (light breakfast will be included)
*Bellingen Shire’s Local Strategic Planning Statement*
*What is a local strategic planning statement (LSPS)?*
Councils are currently required to prepare and make a local strategic planning statement (LSPS) that sets out:
1. The 20-year vision for land use in the local area
2. The special characteristics that contribute to local identity
3. Shared community values to be maintained and enhanced
4. How growth and change will be managed into the future
If you would like more information about the LSPS, the NSW Department of Planning and Environment has produced a guideline for councils, which you can access here :
*What is Bellingen Chamber of Commerce doing in relation to the LSPS?*
The Chamber recently met with Bellingen Shire Council to discuss the LSPS, and agreed to provide input on the strategy to the Council before the LSPS goes out for public consultation in March 2020.
To prepare our input to Council:
· the Chamber Board has set up a group to discuss the LSPS
· Bellingen’s Centre for Ecological Learning (CEL) has shared with us the findings of a recent future visioning workshop that is relevant to
the future of our Shire
· our first breakfast meeting of the year (at the Old Butter Factory on the morning of 12 February) will focus on the LSPS, to give
members a chance to have their say on this issue.
Based on our meetings and the CEL findings, the Chamber Board has prepared a draft, which will be revised after the February breakfast meeting.