|You are receiving this email as part of a NSW Fair Trading education campaign targeting consumers and traders engaging in the beauty and cosmetic industry. If members of your network sell beauty or cosmetic services and products, please share this information with them through your channels.
Our data suggests that many beauty and cosmetic business operators may be unaware of their legal obligations under both the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) and NSW Health regulations. This campaign aims to address this lack of awareness and remind business operators about their responsibilities, including:
- advertising must be truthful and not misleading to consumers
- high-pressure sales tactics are unlawful
- refund policies must be in accordance with the ACL
- certain procedures must only be performed by appropriately qualified and experienced professionals
- appropriately qualified and experienced staff professional, if required for the type of procedure
A useful fact sheet for businesses offering beauty and cosmetic services is available from the NSW Fair Trading website in English, Chinese, Korean, Thai and Vietnamese. Information for consumers looking to buy beauty and cosmetic services is also available in the same five languages.
Please do not respond to this email, the inbox is not monitored. All beauty and cosmetic-related enquiries should be made by phone 13 32 20 or online enquiry.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving further communications about this matter, please select the Unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email.
NSW Fair Trading